How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19108
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am year old woman. I am being sued for SEC violations and

Customer Question

I am 69 year old woman. I am being sued for SEC violations and fraud. I have only 800 a month in social security. I went to legal aid and they said the case was too complicated. I am being inundated with filings for production of documents, depositions, etc. My health is bad. What can I do?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, can you tell me where the company is registered?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: State of Texas
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

If your only income is from Social Security benefits and you do not have any asset for the SEC to come after, then you should not stop responding to the lawsuit and let SEC obtain Default Judgment against you. If you do not have any asset for them to come after, then the Judgment would be a worthless piece of paper. However, if you have assets that may be in jeopardy, then you need to obtain an Attorney to fight the lawsuit for you. Unfortunately, legal aid cannot help you here because this lawsuit is considered complex litigation and you would need an Attorney who handles SEC issues to assist you. Regrettably, with your income, it is doubtful that you can ever afford an Attorney. Your only hope would be to try to find an Attorney who handles SEC cases to assist you on pro bono basis--for free.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Goodluck with your case,