Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I BOUGHT A HOUSE ON LAND CONTRACT WITH A FRIEND OF MINE. WE

Customer Question

I BOUGHT A HOUSE ON LAND CONTRACT WITH A FRIEND OF MINE. WE BOTH AGREED THAT WE WOULD PAY HALF OF EVERYTHING. THE FIRST THREE YEARS MY FRIEND PAID HIS SHARE, THEN AFTER THAT HE QUIT PAYING. HE WAS HERE TWO MORE YEARS AND I KEPT ASKING HIM WHERE WAS HIS SHARE. FINALLY I TOLD HIM IF HE COULDNT PAY HE WOULD HAVE TO MOVE. HE FINALLY MOVED, AND I ASK HIM TO SIGN THE PAPER TO TAKE HIM OFF OF THE CONTRACT. HE SAID HE WOULD BUT AS OF NOW HE HASNT DONE THAT. I HAVE CONTACTED HIM SEVERAL TIMES AND HE SAID HE WOULD TALK TO ME LATER. LATER NEVER COMES. WAT CAN I DO TO GET HIS NAME OFF OF THE CONTRACT BECAUSE HE DOESNT PAY ANYTHING.? MY NAME IS***** MY EMAIL IS***@******.***. phone #937-2804470
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine. Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: OHIO
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: NOT SINCE HE MOVED. THE OWNERS SENT PAPERS FOR HIM TO SIGN AND GET NOTORIZED, BUT HE HASNT DONE THAT.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO, I JUST NEED TO KNOW WHAT CAN I DO?
Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

You can have him sign a quitclaim from him as grantor to you as grantee. I can get you that form here if you give me your state.You really need to run him down and have him sign here, otherwise he has an undivided interest.

Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

Ohio form

QUITCLAIM DEED

THIS QUITCLAIM DEED, e

xecuted this ____ day of __________________, 20____, by first

party

,

_________________________________________________

___________________

___

whose post office address is___________

_______________________________

____

________

to second party

, ___________

_______

__________________________________________

___

whose post office address is

____________

_________________

__________

______________

WITNESSETH, t

hat the said first party, for good consideration and for the sum of

$_______________ paid by the said second party, the receipt whereof is hereby acknowledged,

d

oes hereby remise, release and quitclaim unto the said second party forever, all the right, title,

interest and claim which the said first party has in and to the following described parcel of land,

and improvements and appurtenances thereto in the County

of_____________________, State

of_______________, to wit:

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, t

he said first party has signed and sealed these presents the day and

year first above written.

Grantor’s Signature ____________________________________

STATE OF

}

COUNTY OF

}

On________________________________before me,__________________________,

personally appeared___________________________________________________, personally

known to me (or proved to me on the basis of satisfactory evidence) to be the p

erson(s) whose

name(s) is/are subscribed to the within instrument and acknowledged to me that he/she/they

executed the same in his/her/their authorized capacity(ies), and that by his/her/their signature(s)

on the instrument the person(s), or the entity upo

n behalf of which the person(s) acted, executed

the instrument.

WITNESS my hand and official seal.

_____________________________

Notary

Signature

Otherwise you wold need lawyer to sue him to get his name off the contract.So you need to try, if you have too slip him a $100 or so to sign off.It is worth it to you.

Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

I do appreciate the chance to help tonight.If you can positive rat 5 stars when e are done it is always much appreciated.