How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 37639
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to ask a quick question to clarify something,

Customer Question

I would like to ask a quick question to clarify something
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: We are looking to file Dovorse in New York
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: we are looking to fine now
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need clarify on one sentence.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What is your question?


Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please clarify this for me ..." plaintiff demands judgement against the defendant as follows: a judgement dissolving the marriage between the parties and I am not requesting any ancillary relief and any other relief the court deems fit and proper"
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good evening,

I apologize for the delay. I just now got off of a phone conversation with a customer.

What that language means is that all that the Plaintiff is asking for is a decree of divorce and they are not asking for other relief such as spousal support, child support (if there are children of the marriage) or legal fees or costs. They are asking for nothing but the decree of divorce.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,


Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good evening,

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service, It is greatly appreciated,