How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed a report with my city PD for fraudulent credit card

Customer Question

I filed a report with my city PD for fraudulent credit card charges, not naming anyone, I didn't suspect anyone. 2 days later, I got served with a protection order. Seems my ex's mother who works for the county PD, informed my ex that I filed a report with the city PD. I'm in Illinois,,,, can this be legal for the mother to do?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 11 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 11 months ago.

No, your ex's mother should not have done this, you should file a complaint with the police department regarding this behavior/conduct.

I also recommend that you retain an attorney to represent you with regard to the protection order (these are usually relatively simple matters for an attorney to handle - so the cost is relatively small in comparison to other legal proceedings), but it is very important to have them dealt with aggressively as a protective order can have significant repercussions outside of just the scope of the "stay away" or protection order (it affects your right to purchase firearms, it can be used in future legal proceedings, it will appear in background checks, etc.).