ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

Do you need a license to sell on line? Do I need to form a

Customer Question

Do you need a license to sell on line? Do I need to form a company to sell on line?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Georgia.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Had a registered company in Dekalb county for about ten years.
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

No, you don't necessarily need a license to sell online or otherwise need to form a company to do so. Now if you're required to have a license to sell in a brick-and-mortar store (for example, prescription drugs) then you'd need a license to sell online. But there's nothing that otherwise requires that you have to have a license to do so if you wouldn't otherwise need a license if you were not selling online.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions).

If you can't see the stars, you may need to scroll up / down / left / or right to see them. This is where you rate so that the question will close out.

Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

Hello?