How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12407
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was awarded a case against my auto repair man. who

Customer Question

I was awarded a case against my auto repair man. who toke $1,750.00 and didn't repair my truck, he live in DE I am PA. can I place a lean against his property in DE ?
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?
Customer: PA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes, I went to court yesterday and won the case
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, do I need a lawyer for this case ?
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 12 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

If I understand you correctly, you won a judgment against a mechanic in DE, and you want to know if that judgment can be the basis for a lien on the mechanic's DE real estate. If that is correct, then the answer is yes. A recorded judgment becomes a lien on the property owned by the person in the county where the judgment is recorded. If the judgment was recorded in a different county from where the property is located (including a different state), then the judgment holder must get a certified copy and take it to the county court where the property is located to have the judgment domesticated (i.e., recorded in the county). Once recorded, the judgment acts as a lien.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 12 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.