Law Tutor, Esq
Law Tutor, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  N/A
96078538

What legal actions do I have if the judge has made a final

Customer Question

What legal actions do I have if the judge has made a final ruling. It involves an estate owned by myself and 5 siblings.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Virginia (Dinwiddie County)
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Law Tutor, Esq replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer (“JA”)! I am an attorney with over 20 years’ experience in multiple jurisdictions and I look forward to assisting you today.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, please consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) No specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship is formed herein. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

Please give me a moment to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Was the final decision made in the circuit court?

If you are appealing a case from the circuit court in Virginia, pursuant to Rule 5A:6, you must file the appeal within 30 days after the final judgment is entered. The Notice of Appeal must be filed in the clerk's office and a copy of the appeal is mailed to opposing counsel and the clerk of the Court of Appeals, along with a $50.00 filing fee. Here is the form for the Notice of Appeal and required certificate. You must also file a bond for costs and a transcript or written statement of facts must be filed within 60 days after entry of the final judgment from the trial court. Here is a link to a sample of the appeal instructions. Appeals are very technical in Virginia. It is highly advisable to retain an attorney if possible.

Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.

If you have no further questions, please do not forget to leave positive feedback (click on the 5 stars at the top of your page), as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me.

A bonus is not required but is always appreciated.

Please let me know if you have any additional related questions. If not, can you please press a positive rating above in the star rating section so that I will be paid for my time assisting you. . I am paid nothing unless you press the middle star or the fourth or fifth star to the right of the middle star in the rating section above so I do appreciate a positive rating before you leave the website. THANK YOU VERY MUCH