How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 37818
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a former postal service worker who is about to go into

Customer Question

i am a former postal service worker who is about to go into arbitration for being fired for fraud . what i want to know is if i lose the arbitration can i appeal it with a lawyer. since i am a union member the apwu will not allow me to use a lawyer doing the arbitration hearing
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: co
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: we are at step 3 of the grievance procedure. we had filed a mspb case but withdrew it
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

An appeal of the arbitration would be heard by the Merit Systems Protection Board and yes, you will be entitled to be represented by an attorney in that appeal, if you need to appeal the arbitration decision. You will find that there are law firms that routinely handle cases in the Merit Systems Protection Board. Here is a link to one example:

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,


Related Legal Questions