How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brandon M. Your Own Question
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12620
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Brandon M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to find out how I would report someone who is

Customer Question

I am trying to find out how I would report someone who is purporting to be a member of the CA Bar Association and the ABA on their website, and offering legal advice on Twitter when they are not registered as Cal attorney
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon, my name is Brandon. I am a licensed California attorney. First and foremost, what you have described is a criminal act - a misdemeanor under California Business Code section 6126. (follow link). Reporting the act to law enforcement is the first step in the process. If you contact your county's bar association, or the California Bar Association, they are usually happy to help you with reporting it as well.

​Let me know if further clarification is needed. Thank you!