Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

His girlfriend lived with us in our home, neither was

Customer Question

his girlfriend lived with us in our home, neither was employed and had 2 children. girlfriend moved out for 60 days, children were taken by the state based on her complaint and her drug abuse. no lease no rent money paid no access to cooking area except through boyfriend she had no key. came back for less than 90 days, stepson died. She left house without saying anything for a week, asked for a key told her no, now filed motion over illegal lockout
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: ct
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: she filed motion for illegal lockout
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just drug addict looing to loot house for drug money, has physically assaulted us with knife and harrassed on social media
Expert:  Barrister replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

I think part of your facts got cut off as this is what I see:

.

""and his girlfriend lived with us in our home, neither was employed and had 2 children. girlfriend moved out for 60 days, children were taken by the state based on her complaint and her drug abuse. no lease no rent money paid no access to cooking area except through boyfriend she had no key. came back for less than 90 days, stepson died. She left house without saying anything for a week, asked for a key told her no, now filed motion over illegal lockout
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: ct
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: she filed motion for illegal lockout
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just drug addict looing to loot house for drug money, has physically assaulted us with knife and harrassed on social media""

.

.

If you can give me a few more details and let me know what your legal question is, I will do my best to help...

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Have hearing Fri how do I handle

Does she have an attorney?

.

Do you?

.

Is she suing you for money damages?

.

"" She left house without saying anything for a week""

.

Did she leave her personal property there when she took off for a week?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No No no yes yes

Ok, if she is suing you for the right to move back in, you will have to defend by claiming that you thought she was abandoning the property and was no longer living there. If you have filed any type of criminal complaints against her, you could use those as well to justify your refusal.

.

If she wins, you will have to let her move back in but you can immediately give her a 3 day written notice to vacate and then pursue a formal eviction through the courts.

.

So even if she wins, her stay will be short lived..

.

.

thanks