How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 28052
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have some one renting a room and she is on month late

Customer Question

I have some one renting a room and she is on month late paying. no papers signed. I want her out by fri. what are my rights
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: FL
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 11 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 11 months ago.

Just to be clear, she rents month to month? Also, is her rent current at this time?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
not current
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 11 months ago.

Thank you. In a situation like this, if her rent is past due, she needs to be given a 3 day notice to cure or vacate. If she fails to pay the rent, within days, then you can proceed with the eviction and have it ordered, that she vacates. If she was current and you simply wanted her out, you would need to give her at least a 15 day notice. Please keep in mind that even though you want her out by Friday, you can not use self help to do this and if she refuses to vacate, you need to evict her through the court. You can not change the locks on her or remove her items to get her out, since that is a form of self help and she could turn around and sue you for this.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 11 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 11 months ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!