Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  17 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

How can you get your name of a judgmental when the second

Customer Question

How can you get your name of a judgmental when the second party accept full responsibility and sign a notoriety statement that he is responsible for it
Expert:  Barrister replied 12 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Were you actually sued as a defendant along with someone else with a judgment being entered against both of you?

.

How long ago did this happen?

.

thanks

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
January 2008
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
At the time of that judgment I was on workmans comp

Ok, unfortunately you are well past the time limit to file an appeal in the case to try to get it thrown out. If you were sued along with the other person, then this would be a civil matter and I am afraid that there is no way to remove that from the public records.

.

If you have a private agreement stating that the other person will accept full responsibility, then you could sue them for breach of contract it they don't honor the agreement and pay the judgment in full..

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Can I get it off my credit if I speak to some one at th credit

No, it is a true and accurate entry, if negative. The credit agencies only have to remove incorrect or false information, not correct, but damaging, info.

.

So it is true that you were sued and a judgment was entered against you. The fact that the other person is supposed to take responsibility doesn't remove that fact.

.

But it should only stay on your credit report for 7 years.. So if it was entered in 2008, it should have dropped off in 2015. So you can file a dispute with the 3 credit agencies and inform them that it should have dropped off since it is older than 7 years.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Dose a judgement has a statue of limitations
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I am thankful for the answers

.

Yes, 5 years in GA, but they can renew it for another 5 years by filing some paperwork so they can continue to try and collect on it.

.

If you feel your original question and any related follow ups have been answered, I would very much appreciate a positive rating on the answer I have provided as that is the only way I receive credit for my work. If you have a new question the JustAnswer folks require that you start a new question page, but you can request me by putting "For Barrister" in the caption and they will get it to me.

.

.

thanks