Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I was accussed by Adult Protective Services for taking money

Customer Question

I was accussed by Adult Protective Services for taking money from my mother, but it's far from the truth, I had lost my job because she has Alzheimer's, bills needed to be paid, no money was coming in the house for me to pay the bills. What should I do??
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: New Jersey
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, I just bring all the bills that I have paid to show him no wrong doing from my part.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This has been going on for eight months and I have been using my credit cards to the max and I need help. What are my rights??
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 11 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Who informed them of this? Was any money taken from her? Do you have evidence to show you paid for your own bills?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The bank where my mother has her money. Those ladies from that bank know me, and my mother. It happened from February and it been horrible for me.

Are you able to show the money was used for the needs of your mother and not for your own personal use? I am just trying to get a better understanding of if this happened or it did not

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please help me!! Tell me what to do.

I need for you to share with me the additional information, so I can get a better understanding of this.

Can you show that the money from her account was used for her?