Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

If I put a deposit to build a house..Does my restitution

Customer Question

If I put a deposit to build a house..Does my restitution show up on credit, title company when I close or after? I make my payments and ordered to pay 500 monthly or 10%. I just don't want to lose the house. All I want t\is to live there the rest of my life. If I only have 10% equity what would happen?
JA: Have you consulted an attorney yet regarding this matter?
Customer: not yet
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes I have just finished 5 years of supervised release...they filed everything before I went to camp for 2 years in 2009
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Generally, your court ordered restitution in a criminal matter is not shown on a credit report, as it is a criminal matter and the courts do not report to credit bureaus. However, the government can place a lien on any property you own to secure payment of the restitution, but if you have only 10% equity, there is nothing they could take from you as your mortgage company owns the first rights on the property and the court cannot come and take that for restitution.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you..
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
do you think I am ok to buy the house?
Thank you for your reply.
In general yes. They will not seek to seize property that has a large debt associated with it (mortgage).