How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117375
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I purchased a product from an online pharmacy. The address

Customer Question

I purchased a product from an online pharmacy. The address is The product was retin-a 0.05%. A prescription is required to use this medication but the website did not ask me for a prescription. It's a topical medication used to treat acne. The product they sent me was produced in India by HAB pharmaceuticals. Their website is The product damaged my skin. Where do I look for help for filing a lawsuit against this company located in India?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, this is the risk one has when they order drugs from outside of the US and why the DEA is so strict about enforcing online purchases. I am afraid that your only recourse would be to try to sue the manufacturer and if the manufacturer is in India and Homeland security has shut down their site and they are not located in the US either. They are shut down for selling counterfeit products and as they are outside the US and the manufacturer is outside the US, there is nobody you can legally sue.