Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I purchased a product from an online pharmacy. The address

Customer Question

I purchased a product from an online pharmacy. The address is http://www.trustedgenerics-online.com/. The product was retin-a 0.05%. A prescription is required to use this medication but the website did not ask me for a prescription. It's a topical medication used to treat acne. The product they sent me was produced in India by HAB pharmaceuticals. Their website is http://habpharma.in/. The product damaged my skin. Where do I look for help for filing a lawsuit against this company located in India?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, this is the risk one has when they order drugs from outside of the US and why the DEA is so strict about enforcing online purchases. I am afraid that your only recourse would be to try to sue the manufacturer and if the manufacturer is in India and Homeland security has shut down their site and they are not located in the US either. They are shut down for selling counterfeit products and as they are outside the US and the manufacturer is outside the US, there is nobody you can legally sue.