How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42274
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im a trash truck driver that works alone. no union. i was

Customer Question

im a trash truck driver that works alone. no union. i was promised a one man pay 5 years ago. my superviser and manager said they stoped the one man pay 3 years ago. i been with the company for 11 years. there are 4 drivers that do rear load commercial routes. 3 of us get $250.00 a day. i get $194.00 a day. is there any legal thing that i can do to fix this?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 11 months ago.

Here you can file with EEOC , this is wage discrimination.

The Equal Pay Act requires that men and women in the same workplace be given equal pay for equal work. The jobs need not be identical, but they must be substantially equal. Job content (not job titles) determines whether jobs are substantially equal. All forms of pay are covered by this law, including salary, overtime pay, bonuses, stock options, profit sharing and bonus plans, life insurance, vacation and holiday pay, cleaning or gasoline allowances, hotel accommodations, reimbursement for travel expenses, and benefits. If there is an inequality in wages between men and women, employers may not reduce the wages of either sex to equalize their pay.

File here

This amounts to wage discrimination.File your complaint and have this investigated.You may be due back pay and a raise.

I appreciate the chance to help , sorry they have done this to you.I hope you will file and seek some justice.

Expert:  Ray replied 11 months ago.

If you can positive rate 5 stars when we are done it is always much appreciated.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i can't thank you enough. i will do these things. and GODS willing everything will work out. thank you again
Expert:  Ray replied 11 months ago.

Take care and the best.If you can rate I really appreicate it here.