Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I did a warranty swap at apple 3 months ago. story short

Customer Question

I did a warranty swap at apple 3 months ago. Long story short apple put my other iPhones serial number down and now my phone is inactive and can never get repaired or put on a account there for making the phone un useable Apple Store and apple customer services have no answers and have no way of fixing can I sue? What are my legal options here.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have legal documentation of the phone exchange aswell
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Here is a receipt of the phone warranty exchange notice the IMEI number that's the number on my current phone and the one that sent in I have the box for
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
While you can sue in small claims without an attorney, using an attorney would cost you more than the value of the phones. However, I actually had this issue and what I had to do is take both phones into the Apple store and sit with a manager and get on the phone with Apple and they actually fixed it after a few hours of back and forth. However, if they are not able to fix the situation you could sue them for damages for the negligence that occurred in improperly reporting the phone.