How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31769
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife took my daughter last night and left. California.

Customer Question

My wife took my daughter last night and left
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes there was an incident report for abuse by me
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: she is running up the credit card making plane reservations
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

As long as there is no court order in place that restricts her access or rights to the child, then it is not technically illegal for her to take the child. However, you can file an emergency petition with the local family law court and ask for an order grating you temporary custody......and if the judge grants that, you would have the right to recover the child and hold her in contempt if she failed or refused to return the child.

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

As for the credit card charges, if she's' using your card without your permission, you could report it to the credit card companies and you could also possibly file criminal charges against her.