How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116706
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I claim my 1/3 share if the settlement if I have

Customer Question

How can I claim my 1/3 share if the settlement if I have been excluded from correspondences between the Adminitrix and the Gerardi Keese Lawyers? I insisted the claim not knowing my sister took up Adminitrix, as I was never notified and I shared the claim information with her and she took over and shut me out!
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Pa and it's for the Avandia Settlement
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: She is the Adminitrix because I would have had to file charges against her for removing assets from our mothers property and she had all documents needed to pursue admintration of the estate;which were rightfully left to me by my mother-to avoid a family fued, I declined to receive any portion of the estate in writing. However the settlement came much later and I initiated it, thought to share with my brother and sister and now I'm the odd man out!
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have been told by counsel that I can still receive my portion of the settlement but now I have to request and be approved for inclusion on correspondences because my sister,the Adminitrix asked for specific exclusion-no information to be shared unless specifically requested and granted-I'm looking to satisfy that piece so I know what's going on!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you are entitled to a share of this estate asset, and it is an estate asset, then you are going to have to start by filing a written demand to the Admistrix. If she refuses to respond to you, then I am afraid your next step is you will need a local probate attorney to file a motion in the probate court where the estate is opened to seek payment of your share of the estate which you have been denied. You are going to have to fight her in court to get all of your share (you may not want a family feud, but at this point there already is one if she is cutting you out).