How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117401
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Jefferson County, Colorado - I am a Disabled male who walks

Customer Question

Jefferson County, Colorado - I am a Disabled male who walks with a cain. On 9/14/16 and 9/27/16 I was in court for a TPO case and I was told by a judge in District Court that I could have a Civil Assist. I even went as far as obtaining a Minute Order from same Judge. I requested said Assist from Jeffco Sheriff at least 7 times.I am finally getting 1 1/2 hrs. To get all my stuff out, 10/25/16. Now my reasons for the Civil Assist have always been two things, I asked for 1 of 4 Motorcycles because I am experiencing car problems. The one I asked for has a Lien Title(Cannot be sold) yet she been able to block access to it. Also, I am Disabled and the temperature is dropping, left with short sleeves and shorts only. I have been so cold because I cannot afford new cloths. No one will help me. What can I do?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The civil assist is up to the availability of the police to assist you, but if the judge ordered you to have a civil assist, then the chief of police has to provide someone for you for at least a limited time and if they refuse then you can go back to court and file a motion for contempt and serve the sheriff or chief of police and bring them to court to have the court order you. I am afraid that you have to get as much stuff as possible on the date in question though and you need to find some friends to assist you I am sorry to say or else you can not get another chance unless you go back to court when you are able to do so.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok, I understand what you are saying. Yet also the ADA states I have the right to all civil offerings. I am supposed to be able to sustain myself from what started out as a two week ordeal.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
I understand you are to have access to courts, but as far as removing your property, that is up to you to arrange for and then arrange with the police to assist you over. If they refuse, then you return to the court and file a motion to compel and serve the police chief/sheriff and bring them into court for refusing to do a civil standby.