Stacy Adkins
Stacy Adkins, Lawyer
Experience:  Law Clerk for 7 years
95838073

How do I go about getting a modification on my child care

Customer Question

How do I go about getting a modification on my child care plan with my ex?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Ga. He decided to move to Texas about a year ago. I ended up paying the unattended minor fee for flight $150 each time plus other expenses and loss of time. He know says he can't get unless I drive half way. H waited until last minute to let us know pretty much, and I told him his loss. When really it's our 12 year old daughter.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I guess I just feel like this is not right and I should have to bear the extra expenses when his have gone down, plus I don't have much help right now and it is just me...
Expert:  Stacy Adkins replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. I'm Stacy and will be assisting you this evening. Just to clarify, you want to file a modification to force your ex to share in the costs of travel for your daughter? Has your court order been modified since his move to Texas? If not, that is certainly a substantial change in circumstances that would warrant a modification of your visitation schedule.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you. His choice to move... no real good reason. I'm not sharing those cost. He is the one who left

I apologize for the delay. I was out of town this weekend. If you tell me which county you are in I can assist you in locating the proper forms.