How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the trustee and beneficiary of the Trust of my deceased

Customer Question

I am the trustee and beneficiary of the Trust of my deceased partner who died 2/1/02. The last piece of business I have is to get an escrow account check dated in 2004 in the name of the deceased reissued in my name. It was sent to me after I re-financed our home. I have the original check. I contacted Citimortgage Research services, providing 1) official death certificate; 2)copy of the Will 3) copy of the check. They contacted me back asking for a small estates declaration. I sent it---a "Affidavit" "to comply with California Probate Code 13100-13115" notarized and faxed on August 15th. I heard nothing. I sent two further letters by snail mail asking for communication. I have heard nothing. I think they are trying to ignore me or force me to get an attorney?
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am in CA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not sure what you mean --filed or reported?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I gave full details in my original typed text to you I think.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 9 months ago.

Why does this not surprise me at all. Who is the lender that you has the escrow money?

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 9 months ago.

If you can tell me the name I can provide information on how to contact the corporate office. Further, this is a consumer protection issue so you will want to file complaints with the State Attorney General the Federal Trade Commission as well as the cfpb.

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at

One moment for the other links. Can you tell me the county in California?

Related Legal Questions