How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42869
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Myself and wife are going thru trying time. She thinks that

Customer Question

Myself and wife are going thru trying time. She thinks that I drug her and let people come in to hurt her. She does talk to someone. I have been faithful to her. She is stealing things of value out of our house.i don't smoke and it makes me sick in which we know but she blows smoke in my face and makes me sick. She takes money out of our account and blows . She wants to ruin me. She has said up a camera in our house 24 hours a day that watches all I do which is nothing. Sometimes I want to change accounts to slow her spending.for instance I gave her 700 for ac she has spent 300 and claims I gave her 400. She gets hateful. I have 40 hrs tape. She thinks I am hurting her . Not true we have small mobile home bus. She is running me over. What can I do. I ask for us to get marriage help or if she don't want to get married . Reason. She claims she with her hateful daughter help will destroy me. I tried to get her help because of mental illness but she paid family members according to her words to lie about me. Please give me some help or a good lawyer name in charleston sc
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 12 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 12 months ago.

Are you legally married here, it is not clear if you are or just boy friend/girlfriend?

Expert:  Ray replied 12 months ago.

If you are married here are Charleston divorce lawyers with ratings for you.You can seek a no fault divorce.

In South Carolina there are five grounds for divorce:

separation of the spouses for at least one year (the “no-fault

divorce”), adultery, physical cruelty, habitual drunkenness

(alcohol or narcotic drugs) and desertion.

Expert:  Ray replied 12 months ago.

If the spouses cannot agree on how to divide their marital

property, the family court will make the decision for them.

Marital property usually includes all assets or debts

acquired during the marriage, with certain exceptions such as

inherited property or gifts from outside the marriage.

Your lawyer can seek to resolve the property division.Honestly I do not see that you will be able to work with the other spouse.She doesn't seem committed to counseling or other actions.I would consider a lawyer and separating here.

Expert:  Ray replied 12 months ago.

You can also file yourself pro se if you have too

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again and the best here.

Expert:  Ray replied 12 months ago.

Please let me know if you have more followup.If you can positive rate 5 stars when we are done it is always much appreciated.