Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions
Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.
1. To dispute inaccuracies on your credit reports, you will need to send the three credit bureaus a dispute letter such as this one. They will then investigate the matter and correct the report if the creditor is not able to prove up the claim. This usually takes about 30-45 days.
2. With respect to Orion and Trovar, you can get them to stop harassing you by sending them a debt verification letter and a no contact letter.
3. If they sue you for the debt, then you may need to hire a FDCPA attorney to defend you.
(1) The information I provide is general in nature and for educational purposes only. For example, it may help you identify the scope of receiving unbundled legal services from a local lawyer. It should not be construed as “legal advice” or as the rendition of “legal services” on any subject matter. I am not a specialist in any field. This information may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction and is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information alone. If you need legal advice or services regarding a specific matter, you should consult in-person with a local lawyer who can guide you after reviewing all the pertinent details of your situation. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we may have.
(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.
(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating.