How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 34532
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the V.P. of our condo HOA, and have had access to the

Customer Question

I am the V.P. of our condo HOA, and have had access to the other units for different projects, have had an issue with one homeowner on gaining access to his unit, and now he has said something to another owner, and that owner has requested that I not to be allowed into his unit, even though I was allowed access two weeks ago.. The master deed specifies that board members have access when needed. What can I do, I'm sure something negative has been said concerning me.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. You want to know if you can enforce the bylaws of the HOA?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am trying to find out if I can sue for slander.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 10 months ago.

Thanks. Perhaps...slander is a form of defamation.

Defamation of character is defined as a false statement of fact that harms the reputation of the victim.

If someone lied about you and that lie harmed your reputation? You can sue the person who lied for defamation.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 10 months ago.

Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Do you have more questions regarding this?

Thanks for your understanding