MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

I entered into an agreement to manage a restaurant for a

Customer Question

Hello,I entered into an agreement to manage a restaurant for a small salary,and in essence(sweat to own) over a period of time.I left the business approx.3 years ago.
I left with suffiecient notice,and was expecting to be paid for the time I put in.At the time I thought that this was a verbal agreement,and after hiring an attorney to persue this,the fees added up quickly and I dropped it.
I have recently found written agreement showing that I might have a case.I am owed $9,600 for time put in.I know this isnt much information,but do you think this is worth the time and effort to recover my losses....Ty, ***** *****
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The short answer is yes. If you are willing to put the time in and it makes sense for you, then you should pursue it. It all depends on how much you specifically value your time if you will be representing yourself pro se. If you are hiring an attorney, then you need to look at how much the attorney will cost you versus how much you stand to recover.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.