RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

To make a story short. Man goes to females house. Man asks

Customer Question

To make a long story short.
Man goes to females house.
Man asks female if she has drinks. She does.
Man pours one shot for each of them. Man drinks shot. Man gets up from table to play with dog. Man assumes female already drank shot. Man approaches female from the back to put his arm around her, accidentally spilling shot on Apple Laptop.
Man wants to offer to pay something but doesn't feel totally responsible. Is he liable for the damages to the laptop. Female wants to take man to small claims court
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your patience.

With the understanding that this just my legal opinion (and other lawyers may see it differently) based on these facts, I would say yes, the man is fully liable. Assuming that the woman had finished the drink isn't a defense nor does it show comparative liability on her part. Ultimately, even though it was accidental, man did spill the drink on the laptop causing damage.

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 12 months ago.

Was there anything I could clarify for you or additional information you needed? If so, kindly REPLY and I'm happy to help further! If not, please kindly remember to leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars at the top of the page. Attorneys on Just Answer are not employees of this site, and are not paid until you leave a positive rating for our time and assistance. Thank you.