Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have a dui bench warrant for missing a review hearing. It

Customer Question
Hi. My name is *****...
Hi. My name is ***** ***** have a dui bench warrant for missing a review hearing. It says its no walk, no bail. Am i able to enter tahiti and fiji for my line of work? As in will i be hasseled in other countries in the south pacific over this? I was never issued a court ordered document saying i had a court date.. ive been on defferred sentence.. completed all fines, treatments and court fines/costs.. the police wont even bother taking me in on ot here in Washington its a waste of there jail space.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?
Customer: Washington state.. thurston county district court #1. It was issued on 9/22/15. I happened ro be wrongfully incarcerated with all charges dismissed at my jury trial.. i was held at grays harbor county for 137 days over it... they did a warrant check before they let me out of jail free to go.. then i get arrested and told i didnt have a drivers license and a warrant out for my arrest. I was let go.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: What do u mean?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: The reported part
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Umm. Yeah.. is it zafe for me to head out to sea on my commercial fishing trip from westport washington to tahiti,fiji,ameri an samoa and maybe new zealand.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
10/21/2016
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still waiting..

Sorry for the delay. It's very early in the morning.

I am not going to be able to tell you what you most want to hear.

Customs and border patrol officers cannot see your US criminal record on their screen. The only way they would know about your warrant is if the DA's office specifically sent off that information to CPB.

There is no way to determine whether that has happened in an individual case. Generally, a misdemeanor warrant or warrant for failure to pay a fine, for example, would be less likely to be reported than a felony warrant or a warrant for violation of probation or parole. But there's simply no guarantee it won't turn up and no data base that would provide the information you seek.

Typically, it's on the way back in rather than out that you'd be at greatest risk of the warrant dropping. Scrutiny is closer on the return end.

While the odds are low that something will happen to you, the only way to make sure there won't be a problem at the border is to get yourself a lawyer and voluntarily return on the warrant to get it lifted before you leave the country. I understand why you don't want to do that, but to not do so has consequences that unfortunately are unforeseen.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney