How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41016
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own a Lumber Company. After my husband of 33 years passed

Customer Question

i own a Lumber Company. After my husband of 33 years passed away one of the sales representatives for Weyerhaeuser and I engaged in an affair. We placed a 20,000.00 order with his company and did not have credit with the company. He spent the weekend with me and made me write a personal check to release the order. (he's married). I feel used a manipulated do I have any recourse. I have since then learned that he has other complaints within the company for inappropriate behavior. Can I file a formal complaint
JA: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: Texas. 1 year ago
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He was my late husbands best friend
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

So are you wanting to cancel the order here, stop payment on the check?

Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

Did you get the lumber and has it been resold here?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
to both
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I just want to know if I can file a formal complaint. Weyerhaeuser is currently in a law suit with an employee that he sexually harassed also.
Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

You can file a complaint with Weyerhauser and you could them and this person as well if choose to do so.If you think he took unfair advantage of the situation then certainly that is reasonable on your part.I am so sorry for your loss of husband and the situation here.You may have remedies through the courts.Lawyer would send demand letter maybe they pay without a suit being filed.

Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

Our state bar can help you find a lawyer here locally

Thanks again and I hope you can get some justice here.