How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was driving a vehicle with no insurance and expired

Customer Question

I was driving a vehicle with no insurance and expired plates. I was picking up the vehicle from the repair shop and driving it home when I was pulled over for bad plates. I insured the car 5 days later but wasn't able to licence it for another 2 months. I had another vehicle I was driving that was both licensed and insured. I currently have been suspended for failure to comply and*****dates. They are asking that I get and sr-22 before they will drop the suspension. My question is can I appeal my case due to being insured and registered on another vehicle?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 10 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am sorry but you can not. The reason why I say that is because the charge and suspension is based upon the vehicle you were driving at the time. The fact that another vehicle was insured and registered at the time, is not a legal defense or basis to drive a different car, that did not have insurance and/or current plates. As such, you would need to comply, with the sr-22 request, to get the suspension dropped, so you can reinstate your license.