Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My dog (German shepard)was accused of biting off my

Customer Question

My dog (German shepard)was accused of biting off my neighbors dog (yorky)leg off.I have a wooden fence dividing the back yard from my neighbors. There is no holes in the wooden fence , the blood is on their side of their property. I am afraid of being sued. My dogs are not aggressive, they're mixed with husky. They are social animal ,nice to other animals and humans. While I was taking my neighbor to the vets , I was billed for $2000 and possibly more because the yorky might have to be transfered to a hospital. I'm guessing ,my dogs pushed one of the panels of the fence in ,the yorky put his leg through ,the leg got trapped, and when the dog started yelping ,the neighbor started kicking in the fence on her side severing the yorkys leg. What right do I have. She calls humane society , they take away my dogs , while I was being a good neighbor at the vets with my neighbor and her dog.
Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Good evening. i am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Do I understand correctly that the neighbor's dog put its leg through to your property and was attacked? In other words, your dog never left your yard?