How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RobertJDFL Your Own Question
RobertJDFL, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 13652
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
RobertJDFL is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Anyone familiar with Justanswer's lingoes: I am confused by

This answer was rated:

Anyone familiar with Justanswer's lingoes: I am confused by why Just answers have a category stating CA real estate. Does it mean California Real estate, Canada real estate, or something else? If it means California real estate what about those asking real estate questions regarding other states?

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

That's California Real Estate --only experts licensed in California should answer those questions.

There's a general real estate category for all other real estate questions from other states. And if you have a landlord-tenant question there's a landlord-tenant category as well.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** quite confused by it as I am unable to see Real estate section for other states. Therefore I then questioned maybe CA actually doesn't really stand for California Real estate after all. In my experience I used this quite a number of times assuming it meant California real estate though it was not uncommon for lawyers who did not practice in California to answer as well. I only learned that after I admired his answers and wished that he could help represent me in real life. Though I first thought maybe the expert had expertise and qualification about CA real estate even though he may not be currently practicing in CA. In today's world of Internet any one can log in from anywhere and live and work in "different" states. Though I was shocked to hear that another CA real estate lawyer stating that he practices in MA. Though I guess he meets Just answers criteria for being a CA real estate expert.

They may be licensed in California and another state as well, I can't speak about other expert qualifications on this site of course. Only licensed California lawyers are supposed to answer those questions but I can tell you it's easy to miss the category sometimes when answering questions (especially since sometimes questions end up posted in two categories simultaneously -e.g., it could end up in CA real estate and real estate, or CA real estate and general legal) opening it to all experts in that category.

You're always free to request a different expert if you're not comfortable or only an expert licensed in another state, if you wish. We want you happy!

Oh, and just so you know -experts on this site are not permitted to represent customers. Sorry!

If you need clarification about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating. Thank you!

RobertJDFL and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Though may I ask what does it mean to represent customers? If they operate an office in CA can I still go to their actual office for service just like any other customer?