Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

Legal advice in residential lease agreement

Customer Question

legal advice in residential lease agreement
Expert:  Barrister replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Did you have specific questions about the lease?

.

If so, if you can upload the lease and post your questions, I can help.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Mr Barrister
I just attached My Residential Lease Agreement for new place that I'm moving out this coming month and I need your opinion of this Agreement do I have some right on this agreement or all the responsibility on my shoulder , also if you can see the section 16 where it says breach of contract , I was not able to translate this as what dose he mean by reimburse Landlord for all cost incurred

This looks like a standard lease and nothing really jumps out at me as a red flag..

.

Clause 16 just means that if you violate the lease and are evicted, the landlord can hold you liable for his attorney fees, court costs, and other damages due to the breach of contract. Also, he can sue you and hold you liable for any lost rent until he re-rents it.

.

But as long as you don't violate the lease and get evicted, this shouldn't be a problem..

.

All in all it looks like a standard lease contract.

.

As an aside, in addition to being an attorney, I have also been a landlord for over 26 years...

.

.

thanks