How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrakeLAW Your Own Question
DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 745
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
Type Your Legal Question Here...
DrakeLAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I leave in Connecticut and would like to appeal a decision

Customer Question

I leave in Connecticut and would like to appeal a decision from the bankruptcy court to the district court. I have 14 days to file a notice of appeal. Question 1. Do I have to file any other docs with the notice of appeal? 2. if not, how many day do I have to file my brief. And can you give me a outline of the procedures.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 9 months ago.

I have attached the official form for you and you simply need to check the box in Part 4.


You will of course have to edit the caption to fit your situation. Let me know if you don't understand that.

If you require transcripts, you need to call the bankruptcy clerk and arrange to have the transcripts filed. The bankruptcy clerk will ultimately transmit the bankruptcy court record and transcripts to the District Court and you will be advised by the District Court of any fees and deadline for filing the brief.

Does that answer your question?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I cant open the attachment can you please resent it. Thank you.
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 9 months ago.

Sorry about that, try this link and then click "Download the Form"