Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I have a felony charge of intent to enter the country with a

I have a felony charge of intent to enter the country with a controlled substance (marijuana) in 2009. Ok so I have served my sentence and I finished my parole in 2011. Having said that, my question is will I pass a level one fingerprint clearance from public safety now? I'm applying to a job that requires it.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that if you have a felony conviction, regardless of when you cleared parole, it will show up on your class I fingerprint screening and it is grounds for denial of employment, as it is still a past felony conviction. Felony convictions can be used in denial of employment in AZ.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thank you, that's what I was afraid of. may I ask another question please concerning this same topic?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ops, I forgot to add my question lol. Is there any way to get this charge expunged, or at least sealed? I haven't been in any trouble like this before nor since.
Thank you for your reply.
Arizona does not have an expungement statute. You could apply to the court to have the conviction set aside, but that would not seal it (Arizona does not seal records as a general rule) and it would not remove it from your record. Furthermore, as it pertains to government entities, even if something were sealed a government agency still has access to the record.
Your only other option is applying for a pardon through the board of pardon and parole for a pardon with full restoration of rights from the governor.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you so very much you have been so helpful!
Thank you for your reply.