How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118650
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a solo attorney dealing with a SNAP violation case. Does

Customer Question

Hi, I'm a solo attorney dealing with a SNAP violation case. Does FNS have regulations posted anywhere? Do you know what the appeals process is once the violation has been assessed? My client missed the deadline to respond and now her name comes up under SAM and she can't get a mortgage loan.
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 12 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Here are the rules regarding EBT and SNAP which is managed by the USDA:
Once USDA finds a violation, the defendant is entitled to appeal of that violation finding to the US District Court to seek to vacate the USDA determination. FNS has to refuse to remove the violation report, because they have sustained the allegation. You have to appeal their determination to the federal court if you want to seek to overturn the determination and get it removed.