How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was wondering about changing my 2 kids last names from

Customer Question

i was wondering about changing my 2 kids last names from their dad to my last name. we live in Ak. we were never married and we have never went to courts over custody. it says i will need his signiture... he lives 5 mins. away will it still be hard to change? and will i still have bad problems trying to do it with out his signiture?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Alaska
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no, we havent done anything. he just doesnt come around so there hasnt been a need to do any kind of paper work.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i think that is about it. i would like to start the process but im unclear what it would take and wanted clarification before i started.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 10 months ago.

Can you tell me, is he listed on the birth certificate?