Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have a question about what is required for credentials to

Customer Question
hello JA: Hello. How can we...
hello
JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: Yes,
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I have a question about what is required for credentials to advise inmates in their preparation of parole packages in the state of New York. My partner has a law degree and can work as a paralegal, but does not have the Bar License to practice. Can he do this
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am back can you talk?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
10/17/2016
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

No he cannot do this in New York State unless he does so under the direct supervision of a lawyer. You can see what the state allows its paralegals to do here.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney