Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have been told that I will receive a summons to court for

Hello, I have been told...
Hello, I have been told that I will receive a summons to court for from A debt owed from CROSS COUNTRY (do not know who they are) by a call from AMG of Flourtown PA. What should I do
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: PA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not that I have received just a phone call today, they said i would receive a summons toady with a court date
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I do not know anyone of these entities but AMG said they have my signatuer on file
10/17/2016
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. The first thing that someone in your situation wants to do is to file an ANSWER. See HERE for an example (warning, instant download). The answer is sent both to the Plaintiff and the Court. There is a limited time to file an answer so this should be done ASAP. Not filing it in time may have the Plaintiff win by default.

Once this is done, one can contact the law firm filing the suit to see whether or not they even have the right person. If they do, perhaps a payment plan can be worked out instead of a judgment.

Using counsel is not mandatory, but is highly recommended.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Ely, Counselor at Law
Ely, Counselor at Law