Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I tried to sue my step-son in 2014. They filed for

Customer Question

I tried to sue my step-son in 2014. They filed for Bankruptcy the 11th hour of the judgement. Can you still sue them after years of them filing.
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Was the debt discharged in bankruptcy? What were you trying to sue him for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He borrowed $22,000 in 2009, paid one payment that year and never paid remaining. We have asked but he avoided us. Now my husband is deceased and I have been trying to get my money that we loaned them.

So was it included in his bankruptcy filing? Was it discharged? And when was the last time that he actually paid anything?

Also, was the case back in 2014 actually filed? Was it dismissed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
actually paid 100.00 back in 2009.