Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Ok, here we go....I work at Home Depot advising customers on

Customer Question

Ok, here we go....I work at Home Depot advising customers on electrical issues as their master electrical tech. My prior back ground is a electrican and owner of a business on and off. I was approached by this customer and asked to install a camera on his entrance gate with a recording device placed in his home for recording. I said I could, however this has nothing to do with homedepot for they do not offer this service . He remarked no problem let's proceed, installation of camera and recorder had some issues. We tried wireless transmitters, in two different types, but no success to weak of vedio signal. I then tried running cable from gate entrance to his barn in which I would jumper off spare telephone wires leading back to his house into recorder. This produced vedio images but unable to focus clearly, this were the problem begins. I stated there must be static electricity on the spare wires resulting in poor images. Recomend either wire less camera or run new wire from gate area back to house. O boy ..this guy went side ways nasty
Told don't come on my property , I'm a liar. Etc.... Anyway first he calls Home Depot and says I'm a crook, which I had to explain to Atlanta home office it was on my own time and no confit of interest. Three stree full conference calls later, Home Depot said I still have a job, but don't do it again.
One week later this person with his wife has come into Home Depot twice to talk to my manager about this.
Now I'm pissed off, I want this nut job to stop, please advise jim
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If he continues to come to the store to harass you on your job, even though Home Depot has settled the issue with you and your job there, then your next step is to file a petition for a harassment restraining order which can forbid him from coming to your employment, contacting you or your employer or coming around you anywhere you are located.
If he refuses your offer, stop all communication with him and file the harassment restraining order and get the court to order him to grow up and stay away from you and your employer.