How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 34275
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My town has a football field behind my house that violates

Customer Question

My town has a football field behind my house that violates the noise ordain
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NJ
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have went to town council and the mayor. I requested a noise ordinance control officer to investigate but nothing has been done. The mayor stopped at my house to hear the complaints but the speakers just went up after he left.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This field is green acres protected and everything they said about building this field never came true.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How do I file a noise ordinance complaint legally?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

It sounds like you have...did you report this to local police (since they are the ones to investigate criminal complaints)?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have complained to the Mayor and tow committee in writing and ask for a noise control officer which is required according to the code.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Chapter 288
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

The police have the ability to field complaints of municipal code violations. I would file this with the police department.

However, Law enforcement has discretion. That means that they are not required to investigate or prosecute any particular complaint of misconduct. So you can report this to law enforcement…but if they refuse to investigate/prosecute? There is no way to force them to do so.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Do you have more questions regarding this?

Thanks for your understanding

Related Legal Questions