How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got a letter in the mail yesterday and I am looking at 180

Customer Question

I got a letter in the mail yesterday and I am looking at 180 days of a suspended license starting on October 26th, for too many tickets and driving with a withdrawn/suspended license. I got a speeding ticket paired with driving with a withdrawn license in April. A Tabs ticket also paired with driving with a withdrawn license. From those a got a 90 suspension notice. During those 90 days I was pulled over when they ran my plates and got a driving while suspended. The first withdrawal back in April and was a mistake. All the other tickets are valid. I am wondering if something can be done, or if it is too late to look into other options.
Thank you,
Kimberly M. Johnson
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 10 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 10 months ago.

Ms. Johnson, good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Based upon what you shared above, you would have to go back and try and vacate some of the judgments which have been entered against you, if you want to try and avoid the suspension. I say this because you need to first try and remove the points but need a valid reason to reopen those cases, whereby points were imposed. Moreover, if there was an error with your license being suspended and it was in error and a mistake, it can be withdrawn, not counting against you, which appears to be the case here. The process is not easy and if you are going to try and do it, need to 1) retain counsel first and 2) have them review your record and see if they can vacate something and if they do, reverse the suspension.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What kind of lawyer do I need? And I have 10 days until the suspension, can something be done before then? Or can I still submit information during the suspension to have it reversed?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 10 months ago.

You can contact the Department of Motor Vehicles and see about filing an appeal. You would want a criminal defense attorney to represent you, who handles traffic criminal cases.