Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My husband always want to bring his brothers kids into my

house with whome I am...
My husband always want to bring his brothers kids into my house with whome I am not comfortable with and who have already caused lots of disturbance in my family life. This is causing disturbance in peace in my family?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: mo
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: how can I stop this situation going on
10/16/2016
Loren, Attorney

I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Are both you and your husband on title?

Is there some legal order barring the children from the house?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we both are on title, our marriage is in good standing

Thank you for the additional information. I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.

Unfortunately, in the absence of a court order to the contrary, either you or your husband, as owners of the home, are free to invite anyone you wish to come into your home and be your guest.

So, your husband is legally entitled to invite his brother's kids to visit without your consent.

I suppose it is more of a relationship issue than a legal one.

I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this is an additional cost, which I am not ready for it. what ever is your advise can you type here

Can you see my answer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you can tell me what ever it is

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but they have caused unnecessary disturbance in my family life, I am loosing my peace. for that kind of relationship is he still ok to invite them?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
don't I have any legal right to keep those kind of people away from my life?

It is disrespectful for your husband to ignore your wishes, but in this case it is not illegal. You can refuse to interact with them, but you can not legally stop your husband from inviting them when you are not there.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what can I do on my end to keep away from them and also be distressful

Do not be where they are.

You do not have to attend events where they are going to be.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They will be in the house where I am living, how long I can hide myself in the room when they are there at home. this is very stressfull

You ca ask them to leave when you are there.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can ask them to leave when I at home. so, I have that legal authority of not allowing them when I am home

Yes, you can tell them to leave when you are there.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
even me telling and my husband insist them to stay and they stay, what can I do?

That is something you would need to take up with your husband. If he is not there, though, you can tell them to leave and call the police if they refuse.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Oh ok. Thanks for your advise Loren. Any other input please let me know other wise I should be good for now.

You are very welcome. If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how much am I getting charged today for this advise.

Looks like this question is $36, but I am not an employee of JA. I do not have anything to do with the charges.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Loren.

You are very welcome.

Thanks for using JA. Best of luck!

Did you have any further questions before you rate my service? I am still onlne with you.

Loren, Attorney
Loren, Attorney