How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33114
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 15 year old son was intaragated for 2 hours at school

Customer Question

My 15 year old son was intaragated for 2 hours at school about a deer he shot with a bow, no parent or adult was with him and they told him at the end that they recorded him. Confiscated his head from taxidermy. I'm looking to hire a aggressive lawer..that is not afraid to stand up for my son and against the warden..central Wi.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney and former prosecutor, and I look forward to assisting you. I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.

A minor may be questioned without a parent being present. However, the questioning should stop if they request an attorney or parent to be present. In other words, the questioning itself is not illegal.

Has he been charged with a crime?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Not yet , but confiscated his deer head from taxidermy. This warden has had it out for me for 15 years. Now taking it out on my son. All because I was a proud father and posted a picture on Facebook, and people said that he didn't shoot it. But now agree he did. I need to hire a attorney in central wi, aggressive, not afraid to stand up to the DNR.
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Understood. Thank you for the additional information.

If the police had no legal justification to seize the deer head then they have violated your son's constitutional rights. The police can be sued to return the property and your son can also be awarded money damages.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are all peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.

Thank you!


Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!