How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27741
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Back in the 1990's i was involved with some one and he

Customer Question

back in the 1990's i was involved with some one and he cohersed me into taking semi nude and nude photo's i never gave him my consent so what else can I do
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: kansas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i blocked his phone number from my phone in april and i got three phone calls from him i bougt a data transfer cord and tranfered the voicce mails to my vouce recorder on my computer ready to down load on cde
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.


I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please tell me what he is doing or has done with these photos and when. How old were you when he forced you to pose for these photos? How old was he? That is, were you at least 18?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was over 18 at the time can a gag order be filled
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

I need you to answer all of the questions I asked, because if nothing has happened since the 1990's you're way outside of the statute of limitations to have any remedy in civil or criminal court.

So why the sudden concern in these now when you have had more than 20 years to have taken action?

If he is now threatening you with these photos or blackmailing you or has suddenly posted them on line, this would be an offense for which he can be prosecuted and/or restrained. But otherwise, it's too late to do anything now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because he's threat to put them in a gallery and I don't want them out
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

Is he asking for you to do anything, such as pay him money or have sex with him, in order to keep him from publishing the photos? Do you have copies of that correspondence or recordings on your answering machine?

You can go to the police and report this as a crime. Tell them you want him prosecuted and you want a criminal restraining order so that he cannot harm you. Alternatively, you could file for a protective order in civil court based on his course of harassment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No he's not done anything with those photos but he did try and force me into sex with him. I blocked his phone number and in April he called me three times from an unknown number after I blocked him. I bought a data transfer cord and transfer the calls to voice recorder on my computer to download onto cd it sounds like my non consent is my safest bet
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

If he's harassing you/stalking you and making you concerned for your own safety, you can get a civil or a criminal restraining order.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.