How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Atty Your Own Question
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 9364
Experience:  attorney at self
Type Your Legal Question Here...
N Cal Atty is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recetly was told that I have stage 3 cancer. I don't have

Customer Question

I recetly was told that I have stage 3 cancer. I don't have insurance and have been paying for my doctors visits from my own money and from the help of family and friends. The hospital says they can only give me the treatment until I am able to pay for it. it has been weeks and I don't have a way to pay for it, but also I really need those treatments. Is it legal for the hospital to deny me those treatments?
Submitted: 10 months ago via Cornell Legal Info Institute.
Category: Legal
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

I have to ask if you have any minor children.

Have you applied for Medicaid or social security disability?

May I ask your age?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do not I am single no parents or siblings just some cousins
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 10 months ago.

Utah Medicaid will not cover you if you have no child. California Medicaid would but Utah is very restrictive.

You can apply for social security disability via

You are probably eligible to enroll for health insurance coverage under the Affordable Care Act, see

If you are not eligible now, you will be in about two weeks on November 1 when the next Open Enrollment period begins.

I hope this information is helpful.