How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117365
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter has a permanent protective order against her

Customer Question

My daughter has a permanent protective order against her ex-husband. He had broken into her houses, taken items, slashed tires on her car in her work parking lot which was a hospital. She is an RN. He has not seen or talked to her daughter, 10 yrs old, in over 2 years. Now his lawyer is asking for her address ..... what should she do ??? Oh, and her car was shot up with half dozen bullet holes one night.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Your daughter has to refuse to provide the information and object in the court to providing the information based on fear for her safety due to the prior violent acts committed and the protective order. Most judges in their right minds would never order release of an address in those circumstances because they are afraid of the publicity and problems it can cause if something happens to her.
Your daughter needs to simply refuse to provide the physical address and tell him he has a valid address to send documents and that is all he will get based on the domestic violence and stalking and the significant danger to her and the child if such information is released even to his attorney. Tell his attorney if he keeps it up, she will file a motion in court to object to his request.