Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have been a target of a scam with Wells Fargo. I was told

Customer Question
I had a Credit Card...
I have been a target of a scam with Wells Fargo. I was told I had a Credit Card that I never had and I told the banker I had never had an account with Wells Fargo. It did not prevent the individuals who worked for Well Fargo to report it to the credit companies.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Maryland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No. I have been calling Well Fargo's office to let them know I wanted compensation for what they have done. I have Lexington Law to monitor my credit and it can be verified that my credit was effected.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have some of the information related to this issues.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
10/14/2016
Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Attorney replied 1 year ago
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me what your specific question is that you want answered?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What amount of compensation can be received from Wells Forgo and will you take the case?

We cannot represent anyone through this site, per the terms of service of the site. We're only allowed to answer questions (hence the name of the site, "JustAnswer"). The reason that we're not allowed to take cases is so that we'll give you the best, ***** ***** free from any potential conflict of interest that we might otherwise have if we were trying to sign you as a client. Many times this is something that you can do without an attorney, and depending on how much you can prove as your damages, it could be something that you can easily do. But JustAnswer is not a law firm and we don't take on clients or sue anyone. We answer legal questions.

If that's okay with you and you understand that we're not going to be taking the case (as we can't take ANY case) we can continue. If not, please let me know.

If you wish to continue, can you tell me if you can quantify the loss in harm to your credit, etc... that happened as a result of Wells Fargo's negligent or intentional actions?

Tina, Lawyer