How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In California, county of san joaquin revenue and recovery

Customer Question

in California, county of san joaquin revenue and recovery division has put an abstract of judgment civil and small claims on me, I would like to know if they can levy my bank account or any property I'm out of state as is my property and accounts.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Did you live there in the past? What type of abstract was filed? Was it simply filed in San Joaquin county, or are they seeking to "domesticate" the judgment where you live?